Upload a Document
- Last updated
- 10:59, 22 Nov 2016
Save as PDF
Patient documentation such as an insurance card, lab results, or insurance eligibility can be uploaded and stored from the practice Documents page or the patient's record.
- Once a document is assigned to a patient, it cannot be changed to a different patient. If a document is assigned to a patient in error, delete the document and start again.
- Up to 20 documents can be uploaded at one time.
- The size of a file cannot exceed 10MB.
Access the Patient's Document Page
- Entering the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top navigation search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart / Face Sheet opens.
- Click Documents on the left menu. The Patient Documents page opens.
Patient documentation can also be uploaded from the practice's Documents page.
Upload a Patient Document
Documents must be scanned and saved to your computer to be uploaded into Kareo.
- Click +Upload in the upper-right corner of the Documents page. Your computer's document library opens. Find and double click on the document file to attach it. The Upload Documents window opens.
- Enter the document information:
- File: Click Browse to upload a different document.
- Name: The name of the attached file auto-populates by default. Enter a different name for the document, if desired.
- Label: Click in the box and select the appropriate document label from the drop-down menu.
- Status: The document status is set to New by default. Click in the box and select a different status from the drop-down menu, if desired. (Note: The status must be set to New if the document is intended to be reviewed by the Kareo Billing Team.)
- Date: The current date auto-populates by default. Click the calendar icon and select the original date of the document, if different.
- Patient: When uploading a document from within the patient record, the patient's name auto-populates. If uploading a document from the practice's Documents page, begin typing the patient's name and select it from the auto-populated results.
- Notes: Enter additional information related to the document, if desired.
- Click Upload when finished. The Upload Results window opens.
- Review the results of your document upload in the middle of the window.
- Click Upload More to upload another document, if necessary.
- Click X in the upper-right corner when all documents have been uploaded. The uploaded documents display in the patient's chart and on the practice's main Documents page.