Upload a Document
Save as PDF
Patient documentation such as an insurance card, lab results, or insurance eligibility can be uploaded and stored from the practice Documents page or the patient's record.
- Once a document is assigned to a patient, it cannot be changed to a different patient. If a document is assigned to a patient in error, delete the document and start again.
- Up to 20 documents can be uploaded at one time.
- The size of a file cannot exceed 10MB.
Access the Patient's Document Page
- Entering the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top navigation search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart / Face Sheet opens.
- Click Documents on the left menu. The Patient Documents page opens.
Patient documentation can also be uploaded from the practice's Documents page.
Upload a Patient Document
Documents must be scanned and saved to your computer to be uploaded into Kareo.
- Click +Upload in the upper-right corner of the Documents page. Your computer's document library opens. Find and double click on the document file to attach it. The Upload Documents window opens.
- Enter the document information:
- File: Click Browse to upload a different document.
- Name: The name of the attached file auto-populates by default. Enter a different name for the document, if desired.
- Label: Click in the box and select the appropriate document label from the drop-down menu.
- Status: The document status is set to New by default. Click in the box and select a different status from the drop-down menu, if desired. (Note: The status must be set to New if the document is intended to be reviewed by the Kareo Billing Team.)
- Date: The current date auto-populates by default. Click the calendar icon and select the original date of the document, if different.
- Patient: When uploading a document from within the patient record, the patient's name auto-populates. If uploading a document from the practice's Documents page, begin typing the patient's name and select it from the auto-populated results.
- Notes: Enter additional information related to the document, if desired.
- Click Upload when finished. The Upload Results window opens.
- Review the results of your document upload in the middle of the window.
- Click Upload More to upload another document, if necessary.
- Click X in the upper-right corner when all documents have been uploaded. The uploaded documents display in the patient's chart and on the practice's main Documents page.