Navigate the Agenda
- Last updated
Save as PDF
When you log into Kareo, the Agenda provides an efficient interface to manage daily patient appointments, access high-priority tasks, and navigate to other sections in the system.
The Agenda displays patient appointments for the day and allows you to manage the entire appointment workflow — from check-in to checkout — including running insurance eligibility checks and collecting patient payments.
Navigate the Agenda
- Kareo module icons (Platform, Clinical, Billing, and Marketing) display on the left of the top navigation bar.
- An icon displays in color when a module is active on the practice account or is shaded gray if inactive.
Note: Modules subscriptions are provider based. If your practice has multiple providers, an icon may display in color for all users once a module is activated for a single provider. However, the module features will only be available to the subscribing provider.
- Hover over an icon to view module functions and navigate to other sections in the system.
- A red exclamation point displays on the Billing icon when there are Billing Tasks that are past due.
- Use the top search box to quickly find a patient record.
- Hover over the Clock icon to view the last six accessed patient records.
- Click the Envelope icon to access Kareo Messaging. A red badge displays with the number of new messages received.
- Hover over the User icon to view your user name and Kareo ID, access settings, connect to the Solution Center, or sign out of the system.
- Click the date to open the calendar and navigate to a specific date.
- If your practice has multiple locations and/or providers/staff, click the drop-down arrows to show appointments for a specific location or provider/staff member.
- Click on a tab to view patients as they move through the appointment flow.
- Scheduled: Shows patients scheduled for the day who have not yet arrived.
- In Office: Shows patients for the day with an appointment status of Arrived, Ready, or Roomed.
- Finished: Shows patients for the day with an appointment status of Checked Out, Rescheduled, Canceled, or No Show.
- Run Eligibility Check for All: Click to check primary insurance eligibility for all patients scheduled that day. Note that a patient's insurance must be connected to the system by the Kareo Success Team before eligibility can be checked.
- Click +Appointment to open the calendar and schedule an appointment.
- Click to print the daily schedule, paper encounter forms, or balance details for patients with an outstanding account balance who are scheduled that day.
Note: A provider-specific encounter form must be added to the system by the Kareo Success Team to be printed.
- View real-time appointment details.
- Billing Tasks Assigned to You: View a summary of open Billing Tasks that require your attention.
- Shows the number of outstanding Tasks that are holding up claims from being processed.
- Past Due: This number reflects the total dollar amount for encounters associated with open Billing Tasks that are past the assigned due date.
- Total On-Hold: Displays the total dollar amount for encounters associated with open Billing Tasks.
- Oldest Task: Shows the number of days the oldest Billing Task has been open.
- Click Start Tasks to open the Billing Tasks page.
- Outstanding Items: shows the number of high priority Flagged Messages, Open Notes (Clinical module subscribers), and Tentative Appointments (Marketing module subscribers).
- Click on a patient name to open and view the appointment card.
- Hover over the insurance icon to view eligibility status.
- Click Mark as Arrived or Mark as Ready to progress the patient's appointment flow.
- View alerts added to the patient record.
- Review patient information:
- Contact: Shows the phone number, email, and address in the patient's record.
- Appt Notes: Displays any notes entered on the appointment.
- Insurance: Name of insurance entered in the patient's chart.
- Eligibility: Shows the status of a patient's insurance eligibility. See Check Patient Eligibility for more information.
- Balance/Credit: Displays the amount that is the patient's responsibility to pay in red. Kareo Suite users who have the Patient Payment feature activated can collect a payment using a credit card directly through Kareo. If a patient has an account credit, the amount will show in green.
- More Options:
- Move the patient through the appointment flow by selecting Mark as Arrived, Mark as Ready, Room, or Checkout.
- Change appointment status with Mark as No Show, Mark as Rescheduled, or Cancel Appointment; Note the appointment with Mark as Scheduled, Mark as Reminder Sent, or Mark as Confirmed.
- Click Capture Charge to open a New Charge for the patient (Clinical module subscribers only).
- Click Collect Payment to access the Collect a Payment page.
- View Patient Record: Click to open the patient's Demographics record.