Review Insurance Collections
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Reviewing insurance collections provides a practice with insight into the status of submitted claims and action items that need follow-up.
Access Insurance Collections
Hover over the Billing icon on the top menu and click Insurance Collections. All insurance claims for the practice display.
Navigate the Insurance Collections Window
- Click a category on the left menu to view claims by status.
- Click the drop-down menu options to filter claims within a status:
- Sort: Select Priority (default), Date of Service, or Claim Amount. Click once to view ascending order (up arrow displays) or twice for descending order (down arrow displays).
- Provider: Select All Providers (default) or an individual provider name
- Location: Select All Locations (default) or an individual practice location
- Time frame: Select Forever (default) or a period of time
- Search for a claim by entering a patient name, encounter number, or insurance name in the search box.
- Each list item shows the claim date, claim ID, patient, provider, charge amount, number of procedures, and payer.
- The orange exclamation icon indicates practice action is required. To view all claims that require practice action, click Needs Attention on the left menu.
- The red exclamation icon indicates a denied claim.
- The green arrow icon indicates claim processing is moving forward.
Track a Procedure
- Click on a charge on the Insurance Claims window. The charge details open.
- The orange exclamation icon displays if one or more billing tasks are assigned to the claim.
- Click the Actions drop-down to view the charge or work on a billing task.
- Hover over each timeline stage to view the description.
- Claim submitted by practice
- Resubmission (rework)
- Insurance collections (primary)
- Insurance collections (non-primary)
- Patient collections
- Follow claim progress through color coding.
- Green: Complete
- Dark gray: In progress
- Light gray: Not started
- The latest claim activity (including denial reason and action) displays above the timeline.