Using Kareo Charge Capture: Web
- Last updated
- 10:17, 29 Aug 2016
Save as PDF
Kareo Charge Capture offers quick and easy electronic charge entry. This function is available to users who have been assigned the System Administrator or Biller role. Providers who wish to enter charges must also be assigned with one of these roles.
Access the Charges Window
Hover over the Billing icon and select Charges. The Charges window opens.
Enter a New Charge
- Click +New Charge in the upper right of the window. The New Charge page opens.
- Enter the patient's name in the Find Patient field and select it from the auto-populated results.
Review Patient and Provider Details
- Review the auto-populated patient demographics and insurance information.
- Select the Rendering Provider and Location from the drop-down lists. The Place of Service populates based on the selected location.
- Click Show More to select a Referring Provider and Supervising Provider, if applicable.
- The Date of Service fields default to the current date. Click in the Date of Service fields to change the date, if necessary.
- Click in the Procedure field. Saved code favorites display. Select a code favorite or enter the first characters of the code number or description and select from the auto-populated list.
- Enter up to four applicable modifiers.
- Enter a Unit Charge and Unit count. The Total Charge auto-calculates and displays on the right.
- Click in the ICD-9 or ICD-10 field. Saved code favorites display. Select a code favorite or enter the first characters of the diagnosis code number or description and select from the auto-populated list. Up to four diagnosis codes may be entered for the procedure.
- If an ICD-9 code is entered, click the green conversion arrow icon and select the appropriate ICD-10 code in the mapping results.
- Click Add to Charge when finished. A green Procedure Added confirmation appears and the procedure displays below in the Charge Summary section.
Repeat steps to add more procedures to the charge, as necessary.
Review Added Procedures
- Review the procedures in the Charge Summary section.
- Click the arrows to move a procedure up or down in the list.
- Click the buttons on the right of the procedure line to modify information.
- Edit: Open the procedure line to make changes to the information.
- Copy: Duplicate the Date of Service and diagnosis code(s) into the Add Procedure section to add another procedure to the charge.
- Delete: Remove the procedure from the charge.
- Notes to Biller: Enter additional charge information in the Write a note for this charge... field. (Optional)
- Click Send to Biller. A green confirmation message displays and the charge appears in the Charges page under Pending Approval.