Charge Capture Quick Code Import
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Use Kareo Quick Code Import to digitally upload ICD and CPT codes from a Superbill using an iPhone or iPad. Uploaded codes are automatically saved as Coding Favorites and can be quickly referenced on Kareo Web and Mobile apps.
To Use Quick Code Import
- Open the Kareo app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the Kareo K in the upper left of the Dashboard. The main menu opens.
- Tap Settings. The Settings screen opens.
- Tap Coding Favorites. The Coding Favorites screen opens.
- Tap Import Favorites. The Quick Code Import instructions open.
- Swipe left to read directions and reach the Ready, set, code! screen.
- Choose an option to scan a blank Superbill for codes:
- Tap Capture Superbill and use your device's camera to take a photo of a Superbill. Place the Superbill on a contrasting background and aim the camera at the Superbill until the scan is complete.
- Tap Upload Superbill and select an existing Superbill image from your photo album.
- Tap to indicate if the image is an ICD9 Superbill or ICD10 Superbill. Kareo scans the Superbill and the Review Scan screen opens.
- Codes successfully imported appear in green.
Note: Custom codes are not highlighted in green but may have been captured correctly.
- To edit a code, zoom in and tap on the code. Type the correct code and tap to select it from the Possible Codes list. The updated code is highlighted green.
- Tap Continue when finished. A summary of successfully captured codes displays.
- Click Save. The Coding Favorites screen opens. Saved codes appear under the appropriate favorites list.