View and Manage Billing Tasks
- Last updated
- 12:24, 5 Dec 2016
Save as PDF
Kareo sends a Billing Task to a practice when additional information is needed to process a claim. Billing Tasks allow you to manage and track pending items, and quickly resolve potential billing issues.
Access Billing Tasks
- Hover over the Billing icon on the top menu and click Billing Tasks.
- Hover over the Billing icon on the top menu and click Start Tasks.
- Click Start Tasks on the Billing Tasks Assigned to You card on the Agenda.
Assign a Billing Task
A Billing Task can be manually assigned to a specific person, or it is automatically assigned to the user who starts working on the task.
- Click on an unassigned task in the list. (Unassigned tasks do not show a user name on the far right.) The Task Details panel opens.
- Click the Start Task down arrow and select a user from the list. The Assigning Task to (user name) confirmation displays above the comment field.
- Click Finish Assigning.
- The Assigned to (user name) confirmation displays below Questions & Comments.
- Click x in the upper-right corner of the panel.
Work on a Task
- Click on the desired task in the list. The Task Details panel opens.
- Read the Task Instructions.
- Click Start Task. The Edit Charge window opens for all task types except Documents.
- Make necessary edits to the charge information, as requested in the Task Details.
- Click Task Details in the upper right of the window to review the task instructions, if necessary.
- Enter comments or additional requested information in the Notes to Biller section, if necessary.
- Review any Notes from Biller for additional details about the charge.
- Click Save and Complete. The task displays as Completed.
Work on a Document-Related Task
- Click Documents on the left menu. Document-related tasks open.
- Click on the desired Task. The Task Details panel opens.
- Review the Task Instructions and click Start Task. The Find Document window opens.
Attach a Document Saved in Kareo
- Enter a file name, ID number, or label to search for a document saved in your Kareo account.
- Click Attach and Complete Task to select the document and finish the task. The task displays as Completed.
Attach a Document Saved to Your Computer
- Drag and drop a file from your desktop or click browse for files to add a document saved to your computer. The Reference Document window opens.
- Complete details for the document:
- File: Click Browse to upload a different document.
- Name: Enter a title for the document using Kareo's recommended format.
- Label: Select the appropriate document label from the drop-down menu. It's important to use the proper label to avoid delays in claim processing.
- Status: Select New from the drop-down menu.
- Date: Today's date auto-populates by default and can be changed, if desired.
- Notes: Enter additional information about the file.
- Click Upload and Complete. The task displays as Completed.