The Patient Payments feature supports faster and easier management of collecting outstanding patient balances.
- Balance reminders display on the Agenda at patient check-in.
- Securely take credit card payments and process directly through Kareo.
- Emails a receipt to the patient.
- Automatically deposits the payment into your practice's bank account.
The activation process is a brief set-up process that connects your Kareo account with Stripe (a Kareo partner). Stripe is a third-party vendor for secure business commerce that allows you to accept and process credit card payments over the Internet. In order for you to collect electronic payments using our Patient Payments feature, you must have a Stripe account.
- Stripe cannot accept payments for prescription drugs. Pharmacies are on Stripe's list of prohibited businesses.
- When you save a credit card on file in Kareo, if it expires, the card will continue to work even if the physical card gets replaced by the customer's bank. Stripe works directly with card networks so that your customers can continue using your service without interruption.
Navigate to Payment Settings
Activate Patient Payments Feature
| || |