Add Insurance Plan
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Insurance plan information can be added to an insurance company record in Practice Settings by users with the System Admin and Biller roles. Once entered in Kareo, an insurance plan can then be easily added to a patient's record.
Users who are not a System Admin or Biller can request to have an insurance plan added by sending a message to Kareo Billing Support.
Navigate to Insurance
- Hover over the User icon and click Practice Settings. The Practice Settings menu opens.
- Click Insurance on the left menu. The Insurance dashboard opens.
Add Insurance Plan to Insurance Company
- Click on the correct insurance company name in the list. The Edit Insurance Company window opens.
- Click +New Plan under the Insurance Plans section. The New Plan window opens.
- Enter the Plan Name, Address, and Phone Number.
- Click Add Plan.
- The plan appears under the Insurance Plans section of the Edit Insurance Company window.
Send Request to Add a New Insurance Plan
To add a new insurance plan to your account, send a message to Kareo Billing Support with the plan information.
- Click the Envelope icon in the top navigation bar. The messaging summary window opens.
- Click the Send a message to billing support link at the bottom of window. A new message to Contact Support opens.
- Enter your message information.
- Cc : Send a copy of the message to a user in the practice, if desired.
- Reason: Select Charges from the drop-down menu.
- Subject: Enter Add Insurance Plan in the subject field.
- Body: Enter the following information:
- Payer Name
- Payer ID
- Plan Name
- Plan Address
- Plan Phone Number
- Click Send when finished.