The Most Commonly Used Diagnosis Code report identifies the 100 most frequently used diagnosis codes in your practice. This report is helpful in identifying common condition(s) in the practice population, and it can also be used compile the most regularly used ICD-9 codes for mapping to ICD-10 . Use the report's built-in filters to customize reporting options and select a date range that meets your needs.
To access and customize the Most Commonly Used Diagnosis Codes report
- Click Reports in the top menu and select Productivity & Analysis > Most Commonly Used Diagnosis Codes. The top 100 diagnosis codes are displayed. (Note that only the first diagnosis code on an encounter counts toward this report.)
- Click Edit Filters to change the reporting period date range.
- Select Last Three Months or Last Year from the Date Range drop-down menu.
- Click Apply Filters to update the date range.
- Click Show/Hide Report Columns for additional reporting options.
- Check the boxes to add items to or remove them from the report.
- Rank: Ranking by the most frequent codes
- #of Times Used: Frequency of occurrence
- Diagnosis Code: ICD-9 code
- Official Name: ICD-9 code description