The ICD-10 Diagnosis Crosswalk tool assists practices in transitioning to ICD-10. Using the ICD-10 Diagnosis Crosswalk, you can easily identify your top 100 most commonly used ICD-9 diagnosis codes (or enter them manually) and then map them to ICD-10 codes using GEM Crosswalk Mapping. Additionally, you can export the list for review and printing.
To run the ICD-10 Diagnosis Crosswalk
- Click Settings>Codes>Diagnosis Crosswalk on the top menu. The mapping wizard begins.
- Start Your ICD-9 Mapping. Select an option:
- Add a specific ICD-9 code: (Manual) Enter each ICD-9 code and click the blue +. When finished adding codes, click View Mapping.
- Reload the top 100 ICD-9 codes: (Automatic) Uses your top 100 most commonly used diagnosis codes. Select "from the past year" or "from the last 3 months". Click Create Mapping.
- Import ICD-9 codes from a CSV or Excel File:
- The list groups ICD-9 codes based on the ICD-9 grouping category. ICD-10 codes are mapped on the right using the GEM Crosswalk.
- If a code is not applicable to your practice, hover under it and click "Hide".
- If any codes were marked as hidden, the "Show hidden ICD-10 Codes" option appears; click to show hidden codes.
- To un-hide the code, hover under it and click "Un-hide" (d).
- To delete any ICD-9 codes from the list, hover under the code and click "Delete".
- Click to add more codes.
- Click Save to commit any changes you've made while working with the information.
- From the Export Mapping drop-down list, you can select to print, save as a PDF, or export as an XMLS or CSV file.
- Click to provide any feedback to Kareo PM on the ICD-10 Diagnosis Crosswalk.