New Custom Form
- Last updated
Save as PDF
System administrators can create custom forms to send to patients through the Patient Intake workflow. The front office staff can choose which forms to send to the patient when scheduling an appointment.
Forms are customizable for your practice's needs. Enter your own formatted content, ask questions, and allow the patient to sign electronically. The forms will be stored in the patient's documents eliminating the need to print, scan, and upload paper forms.
Available for Kareo Engage subscribers.
Navigate to Patient Intake Settings
- Hover over the User icon, and click on Practice Settings. The Practice Settings page opens.
- Click Patient Intake. The Patient Intake settings page opens.
- Click +New Custom Form. The New Custom Form page opens.
New Custom Form
Keep Blank as the selected template to create a new form and follow the steps below. To create a consent form specific to telehealth, follow the steps in New Telehealth Consent Form.
- Enter an Internal Form Name. This is a unique name for the staff to quickly select which form they would like to view or send to the patient.
- Enter a Form Title. This is the title the patient will see on the form.
- Enter the form content in Text and format as desired. Available formatting options:
- Normal, Header 1, Header 2, or Header 3
- Bold, italicize, or underline
- Numeric or bullet list
- Clear text formatting
- By default, a signature is required.
- If the signature is not required, click to clear "Required for patients".
Add, Delete, or Reorder Sections
Customize the layout of the consent form by adding, deleting, or moving sections. The following steps are optional.
- Add sections:
- Click Add Text Block to create another text editor.
- Click Add Question to enter a question. This will allow patients to type in an answer when completing the consent form.
- Click to clear "Required for patients" if the question is optional.
- Click Add Signature to request multiple signatures.
- Click to clear "Required for patients" if the signature is not required.
- Delete sections:
- Click the trash icon of the section that needs to be removed.
- Reorder sections:
- Click on the header of the section and drag to the desired place.
Preview and Save
- Click Preview to see the patient's view. The Preview pop-up window opens.
- Click X to close the preview.
- Click Save when finished.
Once saved, the front office can send the form to the patient through the Patient Intake workflow.
Note: Custom forms cannot be deleted once saved. If the content is incorrect, edit or deactivate the form.