New Telehealth Consent Form
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Streamline the setup of your practice’s telehealth processes with the new Telehealth Consent Form Template. The template offers system administrators a starting place for practices to develop telehealth consent form language. This saves time and effort in establishing telehealth processes as well as enabling patients to complete telehealth consent electronically.
Create a telehealth consent form to meet your practice's requirements and applicable laws. Enter your own formatted content, ask questions, and allow the patient to sign electronically. The consent forms will be stored in the patient's documents eliminating the need to print, scan, and upload paper forms.
Available for Kareo Engage subscribers.
Navigate to Patient Intake Settings
- Hover over the User icon, and click on Practice Settings. The Practice Settings page opens.
- Click Patient Intake. The Patient Intake settings page opens.
- Click +New Consent Form. The New Consent Form page opens.
New Telehealth Consent Form
- Select "Telehealth-Generic" from the drop-down.
- Enter an Internal Form Name. This is a unique name for the staff to quickly select which form they would like to view or send to the patient.
- Enter a Form Title. This is the title the patient will see on the consent form.
- Review the sample consent form under Text and customize the form to the practice's needs. Available formatting options:
- Normal, Header 1, Header 2, or Header 3
- Bold, italicize, or underline
- Numeric or bullet list
- Clear text formatting
- Select the red text and delete from the consent form.
- Replace (name of Physician) with the provider's name.
Note: There are four replacements required.
Add, Delete, or Reorder Sections
Customize the layout of the consent form by adding, deleting, or moving sections. The following steps are optional.
- Add sections:
- Click Add Text Block to create another text editor.
- Click Add Question to enter a question. This will allow patients to type in an answer when completing the consent form.
- Click to clear "Required for patients" if the question is optional.
- Click Add Signature to request multiple signatures.
- Click to clear "Required for patients" if the signature is not required.
- Delete sections:
- Click the trash icon of the section that needs to be removed.
- Reorder sections:
- Click on the header of the section and drag to the desired place.
Preview and Save
- Click Preview to see the patient's view. The Preview pop-up window opens.
- Click X to close the preview.
- Click Save when finished.
Note: Consent forms cannot be deleted once saved. If the content is incorrect, edit or archive the form.
Once saved, the front office can send the telehealth consent form to the patient through the Patient Intake workflow.