Download and Print Referral
- Last updated
Save as PDF
A patient referral can be downloaded, printed, and provided to the patient or manually faxed to another provider. A patient referral is initiated from within a signed clinical note and includes a Transition Of Care (TOC) and the option to attach an encounter note. In addition to the download and print options, patient referrals can be sent through Direct Message or eFax. A history of your patient referrals can be viewed and managed in the Referrals section located under the Clinical icon.
For Meaningful Use: When a referral comes back, mark it as received under Referrals on the Tasks page as part of your CQM measures.
Navigate to Patient Chart / Notes
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top navigation search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's record opens to the Face Sheet.
- Click Notes on the left menu. The Notes page opens.
- Click View on the right of the appropriate signed note. The note opens.
Download or Print Referral
- Click the appropriate ToC checkbox in the bottom task bar of the note. Select "Receiving" if the patient has been referred to you and you are sharing patient progress with the referring provider, or "Transferring" if you are referring the patient to another provider.
- Click Send Referral By at the bottom of the note and select Direct Message from the drop-down menu. The Send a Referral for (patient name) window opens.
- Click the "Encounter Note" checkbox to include the encounter note with the referral (optional).
- By default, all items are pre-selected in the Summary of Care. Click to uncheck the boxes of items you do not wish to include in the referral summary.
- To print the patient referral, click Preview/Print. The Preview Mode window opens. Click Print in the upper left corner of the Preview Mode window to open and use your computer's print functions.
- To download the patient referral, click Download. The file downloads to your computer as a PDF. The Send a referral confirmation window opens.
- Click Yes if you want the referral to show in your referral history.
- Click Save to save the referral to the patient's documents and return to the note.
- Click Save and create another Summary of Care to save the referral and begin a new referral for the patient.
- Click No if a Summary of Care was not included in the referral.
- Click Close to close the window and return to the note.
- Click Return to main screen to go back to the referral window.