Patient Refusal for Height and Weight Measure
Save as PDF
When height and weight are are entered, the BMI is calculated. If a patient refuses to have his or her weight measured, this refusal can be recorded. The refusal can only be recorded if the patient has consented to other vitals being documented.
Navigate to Patient Chart / Vitals
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top navigation bar search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart / Face Sheet opens.
- Click Vitals in the left menu. The Vitals page opens.
Record Patient Refusal for Weight / Height
- Click + Vitals at the top right. The New Vitals window opens.
- Select the date and time that the vitals are being recorded.
- The Created by field is auto-populated with the name of the user who is entering the vitals.
- Enter the results into each Vitals field except Weight and Height.
- Type any comments, if desired.
- Click Save. A notification displays that weight and height were not collected.
- Select the appropriate reason that weight and height were not collected and click Save.