View a Patient's Encounter Notes
- Last updated
Save as PDF
You can view all encounter notes for a patient through the Notes tab on a patient's chart.
Navigate to Patient Chart / Notes
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top navigation bar search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart / Face Sheet opens.
- Click Notes in the left menu. The Notes page opens.
View Patient Encounter Notes
- Indicates the type of note.
- Indicates the Chief Complaint in the note.
- By: The provider assigned to the note.
- DoS: Date of Service for the visit. If the note was updated, the date is displayed as "last update" in parenthesis.
- Open: Click to view and edit an unsigned note.
- View: Click to view a signed note. Signed notes cannot be edited.
- Sort by: Select to sort the list of notes by Date of Service or by the Last Update.
- Show for: Select to display a list of notes by all providers or by a specific provider.
- Display: Select to specify a list of notes that are Active, Marked as Error, or CCD Imports.