The co-sign feature allows a provider to sign a note and forward it to another provider for co-signature. Co-signing is a helpful documentation tool for practices with students/interns or when multiple providers see the same patient during the same encounter.
Navigate to Open Notes
Open Notes can be accessed two ways:
- Hover over the Clinical icon and click Open Notes.
- Click Open Notes under Outstanding Items on the Agenda.
Sign Note and Request Co-Signature
- Click on the note in the Open Notes list. The selected note opens.
- Click the up arrow next to Sign in the lower left of the window and select Sign and Request Co-Sign. The Request Co-Sign window opens.
- Click the drop-down arrow and select the co-signing provider.
- Click Sign & Notify. The note displays with a status of Needs Cosign in the patient's record and Open Notes for both the initial and co-signing provider.