Generate Clinical Summary
- Last updated
- 10:11, 22 Nov 2016
Save as PDF
A Clinical Summary of the patient's visit can be generated before or after a note is signed and must be given to the patient. The Clinical Summary includes specific information from the note, such as the assessment and the plan. A provider can choose which items to include in the summary.
Open a Note
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top navigation bar search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's record opens to the Face Sheet.
- Click Notes in the left menu. The Notes page opens.
- Click Open on the right of an existing note or click Create Note to open a new one.
Generate a Clinical Summary
Click the Actions drop-down menu and select Clinical Summary. The Clinical Summary window opens
- By default, all items are checked to be included in the Summary. Click to uncheck the item(s) you do not want to include.
- If the patient declines a copy of the summary, you must indicate this by marking "No."
- A copy of the summary can be saved to Documents in the Kareo EHR and saved to the Patient Portal where the patient can access it.
- Click to Preview/Print the Summary or Download it as an XML file.