Create an Amendment to a Note
- Last updated
- 10:49, 11 May 2016
Save as PDF
Amendments meet Meaningful Use requirements by providing patients with the opportunity to request an amendment to their record (e.g., offer corrections, additions, or updates).
Navigate to Patient Chart / Notes
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top navigation bar search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart / Face Sheet opens.
- Click Notes in the left menu. The Notes page opens.
Create an Amendment
- Select Amendment from the + Create Note drop-down menu.
- Enter the information for the amendment and click Save & Close.
- Click Source of Request to enter who originated the amendment request (e.g., the patient).
- Click Request Details to enter the details of the request (e.g., details from a letter written by the patient).
- Click Decision and place an "x" inside the brackets to indicate if the amendment request is Accepted, Rejected, or Under Review.