Create a Text Shortcut
Save as PDF
If you have phrases that you frequently use when charting patient notes, the Text Shortcut function enables you to turn any block of text into a shortcut for use in future notes. Text shortcuts are specific to each user who creates them and they can be applied to any note section. Text shortcuts can be created from within a note or added to the Text Shortcuts page under My Settings.
Create Text Shortcut Within a Note
- To navigate to a patient note, enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top navigation bar search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart Face Sheet opens.
- Click Notes in the left menu. The Notes page opens.
- Open an existing note or create a new one.
- In any section of the note, type the text you want to save as a shortcut.
- Highlight the text using your mouse. A "make shortcut" button appears.
- Click make shortcut. The Create Text Shortcut window opens.
- Enter a name for the shortcut and click Create Text Shortcut. The text shortcut is added to the Text Shortcuts list.