Authorize Provider for EPCS
- Last updated
Save as PDF
After completing EPCS enrollment, authorize providers to ePrescribe controlled substances in Kareo. A System Administrator and the prescribing provider with their EPCS token and passphrase is required to complete the process.
Important Note: The System Administrator must be an individual who knows the provider and is not the provider themselves.
Access Electronic Prescribing
- Hover over the User icon and click on Practice Settings. The Practice Settings page opens.
- Click Clinical. Additional setting options expands.
- Click Electronic Prescribing. The Electronic Prescribing page opens.
- Click Manage Controlled Prescribing. The Logical Access Control page opens.
- Select "Active" to activate epcs for the provider.
- The System Administrator enters their first and last name.
- Enter the Individual NPI, then click Validate.
- Once validated, select a device from the drop-down.
- Enter the passphrase.
- Enter the pin from the token.
- Click Authorize.
The provider is now ready to start ePrescribing controlled substances.