Add Drug to Favorites List
- Last updated
- 10:49, 11 May 2016
Save as PDF
The Favorites function enables a provider to add a drug being prescribed to a list of drugs prescribed most often. The medication is then conveniently available as a selection each time a prescription is created.
Navigate to a New Prescription
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart opens.
- Click Medications in the left menu. The Active Medications page displays.
- Click + Prescription at the top right. The Prescribe Medication window opens.
Add a Drug to Favorites
- Enter the drug you want to prescribe in the Drug field.
- Click the "Add drug to favorites" box located below the Drug field. The drug is added to the Favorites list and will be available the next time a prescription is initiated. The drug name, form, strength, instructions, quantity, dispense form, number of refills and whether a substitution is allowed will auto-populate the prescription.