Activating EPCS for Prescribing Provider
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Congrats on completing the EPCS Identity‐Vetting Enrollment Process! The next step to finalizing the ability to start prescribing is to authenticate the provider user in the Kareo Platform.
A System Admin will need to complete the steps below with the prescribing provider ready with the EPCS token and passphrase.
Navigate to Electronic Prescribing
- Hover over the User icon and click on Practice Settings. The Practice Settings page opens.
- Click Clinical on the left menu. Additional setting options expands.
- Click Electronic Prescribing. The Electronic Prescribing page opens.
- Click Manage Controlled Prescribing. The Logical Access Control page opens.
Authorize the Provider
- Click "Active" to activate epcs for the provider.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Enter the Individual NPI, then click Validate.
- Once validated, select a device from the drop-down.
- Enter the passphrase.
- Enter the pin from the token.
- Click Authorize.
The provider is now ready to start ePrescribing controlled substances.