Add Medication to Med List
- Last updated
Save as PDF
The Medications List captures a patient's past and present medications — including those not ordered by your office. Kareo Clincal checks for drug-drug interactions or allergic reactions for all active medications. If the patient is not taking any medications, mark the "No known medications" box. You can also manage medications through the Plan section of a note.
Access Patient Medications
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name or date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy) in the top navigation bar search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's record opens to the Face Sheet.
- Click Medications. The Active Medications page opens.
- Click + Med List. The Add to Med List page opens.
- Click to select the Status of the medication.
- Active: Patient is currently taking the medication.
- Discontinued: Patient is no longer taking the medication.
- Not Administered: Patient was not administered the medication due to medical contraindication, refusal of treatment by patient, or treatment not available.
- Enter the name of the Drug to return a list of matching drugs with the dosage and dispense forms. Select the desired drug from the list.
Tip: When the desired drug is not listed, enter additional drug information (e.g., generic drug name, entire drug name, "ER" for extended release drugs, dosage, or dispense form) to narrow the search.
- Optionally, click Add more details to include information such as Pt. Instructions, Quantity, Refill, Prescriber, Start Date, and Administered During Visit. Note that this section must be completed if a medication will be renewed.
- Discontinued medications has the option to add a Reason for discontinued use.
- Non Administered medications has the option to select the Reason for non administration.
- Click Save & Close or Save & Add Another when finished.