Make Changes to Patient Medication
- Last updated
- 10:49, 11 May 2016
Save as PDF
Providers can make small changes to an active medication and send it as a new prescription without having to retype a brand-new script.
Navigate to Patient Chart / Medications
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart / Face Sheet opens.
- Click Medications in the left menu. The Active Medications page displays.
Make Changes to a Patient Medication
- Click the box next to the medication you want to change.
- Click Change at the bottom of the window. The Prescribe Medication window opens.
- If a drug-allergy or drug-drug interaction alert appears, click Cancel Rx to cancel the prescription, or select an override reason and click Continue Rx to override the alert.
- Enter the prescription changes.
- When finished, click Print to generate a paper prescription or Send to Pharmacy for an eRx. The changes are logged under the medication in the Active Medications list; click See All to the right of the medication to view them.