Add a Vaccine That Was Not Administered
- Last updated
- 10:49, 11 May 2016
Save as PDF
Whenever a vaccine cannot be administered, the reasons should be documented in the patient's chart.
Navigate to Patient Chart / Immunizations
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart / Face Sheet opens.
- Click Immunizations in the left menu. The Immunizations page opens.
Add a Vaccine that Was Not Administered
- Click + Vaccine at the top right. A details page opens.
- Click Not Administered.
- Enter the information to record the vaccine not administered and click Save when finished.
- Vaccine: Start typing the immunization; a list will appear from which to choose.
- Type: Select the Type from the drop-down menu.
- Recorded: Auto-populates with the current date and time; select a different date if desired.
- Reason for non-administration: Select the reason the patient has declined.
- Comments: Enter any notes, if desired.