Add a New Vaccine
- Click + Vaccine at the top right. A details page opens.
- Click Administer new.
- Enter information for administering the vaccine and click Save when finished.
- Vaccine: Start typing the immunization; a list will appear from which to choose.
- Type: Select the Type from the drop-down menu.
- Brand: The brand is auto-populated based on the Type selected; if there is more than one brand, additional brands can be selected from the drop-down menu. The Mfr (manufacturer) is auto-populated based upon the Brand entered.
- Generic: Auto-populate based upon the previous three fields.
- Ordered: Auto-populates with the current date and time; select a different date if desired.
- Recorded: Auto-populates with the current date and time; select a different date if desired.
- Dose: Enter the dosage administered. Units and Route fields are auto-populated based on the vaccine selected.
- Site: Select the location of the injection from the drop-down menu.
- Number on Series: If the vaccine is a multi-part series, indicate which number of the series is being administered.
- Lot #: Enter the vaccine lot number as stamped on the label.
- Expiration: Select the Month/Year for the expiration of the vaccine as stamped on the label.
- Consent obtained: Indicate whether consent for the administration was verbal or written.
- Administered by: Select who administered the vaccine from the drop-down menu.
- Service Location: Select the practice location where the vaccine was administered.
- Provider: Select the provider who ordered the vaccine from the drop-down menu.
- VIS Date: Select the date of the Vaccine Information Statement.
- VFC Financial Class: Select the Vaccine For Children financial class from the drop-down menu.
- Comments: Type any notes, if desired.