- Last updated
- 10:49, 11 May 2016
Save as PDF
One of the long term objectives of the HITECH Act is to improve patient care coordination; this requires all healthcare providers to communicate with one another and share patient records. The CCD (Continuity of Care Document) provides the minimum of information necessary for the continuation of care:
- Allergies and Adverse Reactions
Navigate to Patient Chart / Immunizations
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart opens.
- Click Immunizations in the left menu. The Immunizations page displays.
Export a CCD
- Click the Exchange drop-down menu and select Export CCD.
- A dialog box opens notifying you that the information will be stored on a local drive.
- If applicable, click the "Export of patient data is intended for Transition of Care" check box.
- Click Continue.
- On the next dialog box, save the file to a desired location on your computer.