Navigate Note Types
- Last updated
- 08:58, 21 Jun 2016
Save as PDF
Kareo provides easy access to a variety of Note Types to help streamline your daily workflow. With special customization options, you can modify the list of note types to include only those that are relevant to your specialty, design custom note types tailored to meet your specific needs, and share note types with other users in the practice. Your list of Note Types then display when a new patient note is started.
Access Note Types
- Hover over the User icon in the top right of the window, and select My Settings. The My Settings window opens.
- Click Note Types on the left menu. Active Note Types display.
Navigate the Note Types Page
- By default, the Note Types page opens to the Active tab. Click Inactive to see deactivated Note Types.
- To remove a Note Type from the Active list, click the check box on the left of a Note Type name (or click the top check box to select all items on the page) and click Deactivate. The selected Note Type is moved to the Inactive tab.
- Click Set Specialty Filter to use a set of Note Types specifically for a specialty you select. Note Types that do not apply to your specialty are moved to the Inactive list.
- The Default Note Type (most frequently used) always displays at the top of the Active list, even when filtering options are used.
- The Default Note Type is indicated by a solid blue heart. To select a different Default Note Type, click the heart next to the Note Type name.
- The group icon displays in the Shared column when a custom Note Type has been published and is accessible to other users in the practice. Click Shared to re-order the list and view Shared Note Types first.
- By default, Note Types display in alphabetical order by Name. Click to view the list in reverse order.
- Click Creator to re-order the list and view Note Types in alphabetical order based on the creator's name. Click a second time to view the list in reverse alphabetical order.
- Click Updated to view Note Types by the date they were last revised (oldest to newest). Click a second time to view the list starting with the newest updates first.