Customize List of Note Types
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Kareo settings enable you to easily create a customized list of Note Types relevant to your practice. Choose to inactivate one or more Note Types and remove them from the available list, or use the Specialty Filter to automatically deactivate any Note Type that does not apply to your specialty.
Note Type Specialty Filters
Navigate to Note Types
- Hover over the User icon in the upper left corner and select My Settings. The My Settings window opens.
- Click Note Types on the left menu. The Note Types page opens.
Customize Note Types for Your Specialty
The Specialty Filter enables you to quickly default to a set of Note Types appropriate for your specialty.
- Click Set Specialty Filter. The Set Your Specialty Filter window opens.
- Click More Actions and select the specialty that is most applicable to your practice from the drop-down menu.
- Click Apply Filter. Note Types that do not apply to your specialty are automatically moved to the Inactive list.
Deactivate Note Types
Note Types can be individually deactivated as needed by your practice. Deactivated notes are moved to the Inactive tab.
- Click the Active tab.
- Check the box next to one or more Note Types that you want to deactivate.
- Click Deactivate at the top of the window. A green confirmation message appears at the top of the window and the selected Note Types display in the Inactive list.
Reactivate a Note Type
Deactivated Note Types are not deleted but remain in the Inactive list until reactivated.
- Click the Inactive tab to view the list of deactivated Note Types.
- Check the box next to any Note Type you want to activate, or check the box at the top of the list to select all Note Types on the page.
- Click Activate at the top of the window. A green confirmation message appears at the top of the window and the selected Note Types display in the Active list.