Skip to main content
Payment Adjustments and Attestation Deadlines
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- EP may use only CEHRT certified to the 2014 Edition.
- All participants will use the Modified Stage 2 objectives. Stage 1 exclusions will not apply.
- New participants may select any continuous 90-day period from January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016 for the reporting period.
- Returning participants’ reporting period will be CY 2016.
Payment Adjustment for 2016
- New participants who successfully attest by October 1, 2016 will avoid the payment adjustments in CYs 2017 and 2018.
- New participants who successfully attest between October 1, 2016 and February 28, 2017 will avoid the payment adjustment for CY 2018 only.
- Returning participants who successfully attest by February 28, 2017 will avoid the payment adjustments in CY 2018.
- EP's may apply for hardships to avoid the payment adjustments. CMS reviews the cases and hardships are granted on a case-by-case basis.
- Please note that applying for a hardship is not a guarantee that the EP will receive the hardship. For more information and deadlines on applying for hardships visit CMS.