Navigate eLab Create Order Window
- Last updated
Save as PDF
After an eLab order is created, the order will be processed through the Create Order window.
Access eLab Order
- Hover over the Clinical icon and click on Labs/Studies. The Labs/Studies page opens.
- Click on Pending. Pending lab orders displays.
- Click Create eLab. The Create Order pop-up window opens.
Navigate Create Order
- Order Details: Patient diagnoses, lab(s) request, priority level, and comments entered by the provider in the order.
- Search: If necessary, search for and select the test by Name or Order Code.
- ICD10: The patient diagnosis auto-populates from the lab order.
- Print: Print the lab order for the patient or to send a hard copy with a sample to the lab. If a hard copy is not required, click to clear the selection.
- Place Order: Click when all necessary fields are entered to place the eLab order.
- Cancel: Click to close the window and to cancel the eLab order. The order will be removed from the Pending tab of Lab/Studies.
- Draw at Service Center: Click to select if blood will be drawn at an offsite lab facility.
- Draw Date/Time: If necessary, enter the draw date and time.
- Ordering Physician: Click to select a physician.
- Location: The Main Facility refers to the practice location.
- CC: Click to search for and select another provider to receive results for this lab.
- Bill To: The lab order is billed to the responsible party listed on the patient’s chart (e.g., insurance). Click to change the responsible party, if desired.
- Comment: Click to add an optional comment or instruction for the lab.
- Preferred Test List: A custom test list created by the practice for lab tests commonly ordered with the selected lab facility. Click on the test name(s) to add to the order.
- Selected Test: The selected lab test(s) to order for the patient.
- Test Name: The name of the test.
- RefLab: The name of the lab the order will be sent to.
- Priority: By default, the priority is set to Routine. Click to select a different priority: Stat, ASAP, or Pre-Op. If there are multiple test in the order, click the down arrow to set the priority for all test.
- Remove: Click X to remove the test from the order.
- Test Details: Click the down arrow to view additional details.
- Lab Filter: Click to select the lab the order will be sent to.
Note: If the lab does not appear in the list, it is not set up as an eLab partner with the practice.
- Patient Info: Click to view the patient's demographics and insurance information.
- Configure: Click to create custom preferences for eLab ordering processing.
- Clear Order: Click to reset to the order window to default.