Review and Sign Paper Lab Results
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Once paper lab results have been manually entered in Kareo, they're ready for the provider to review and sign. Results display in the Labs/Studies page on the Agenda and in the patient's chart with a status of Results Ready.
Navigate to Labs/Studies
Click Labs/Studies under Outstanding Items on the Agenda. The Labs/Studies window opens.
Hover over the Clinical icon in the top menu and click Labs/Studies. The Labs/Studies window opens.
Review and Sign Lab Results
- Click the Results Available tab.
- Click Review on the right of the lab line item.
- Lab results display in the comments.
- If results were documented by attachment, click Attachments at the bottom of the window. Click the eyeball icon in the Manage Attachments pop-up window to view the lab results. Click Done when finished.
- Sign off on individual test results as follows:
- Click Sign to sign off on the results with no further action required. The status changes to Signed and the lab displays under the Recently Signed tab.
- Click the drop-down arrow and select Sign Off, Pending Follow-Up to share results with the patient before finalizing. The status changes to Needs Follow-Up and the lab displays under the Pending tab. Click Notify Patient to sign off on the lab when patient follow-up is complete. The status changes to Patient Notified and the lab displays under the Recently Signed tab.
- Click the drop-down arrow and select Flag for Review if the lab needs to be seen again (e.g., to flag abnormal results). The status changes to Needs Review and the lab remains under the Results Available tab.
- Click Sign Off on All to sign all tests at once, or click the up arrow and select Sign All, Pending Follow-Up or Flag All for Review.
- Click Share to assign the lab results to another user.
- Click Save and Close when finished.
Once all tests in the lab order are signed off, the lab displays under the Recently Signed tab in the Labs/Studies window.