Lab orders provide a workflow for the initiation, tracking, and documentation of point-of-care tests, paper-based labs, and electronic labs (eLabs). A lab order request can be initiated from within a clinical note or from the Labs/Studies page under the Clinical icon or on the Dashboard.
Navigate to Labs/Studies
A lab order request can be initiated three different ways:
Create a Lab Order
The lab order displays under Labs/Studies for the ordering provider and in the patient’s chart. Orders initiated from within a clinical note will also display in the Plan section of the note.
Kareo's Commonly Performed Lab List
Results of these tests (paper order) can be added as discrete results in the patient's chart.
- Albumin/Creatinine Ratio, Urine (Microalbumin)
- Cholesterol Total*
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP)
- Ejection Fraction Study*
- Fecal Occult Blood
- Hemoglobin A1C*
- Influenza A/B
- Lipid Panel*
- Pregnancy Test
- Rapid Strep
- RSV Rapid Test
- Urinalysis w/Microscopy
*Indicates discrete lab result entry into Kareo Clinical is required to fulfill related MACRA/MIPS quality reporting for the following measures:
- Diabetes: Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) Poor Control (9.0%)
- Heart Failure: Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme (ACE) Inhibitor or Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARB) Therapy for Left Ventricular Systolic
- Heart Failure (HF): Beta-Blocker Therapy for Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction (LVSD)
- Statin Therapy for the Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease