As part of Meaningful Use, an Eligible Professional (EP) will also need to report on a total of 9 Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs) in order to successfully meet Meaningful Use. See table below. EPs must report on 9 CQMs which musts be selected from the 19 for which Kareo has received certification. Among the 19 certified CQMs, Kareo provides the CMS pediatric recommended set and the adult recommended set. An EP may mix and match between the sets, but must make sure they represent at least 3 of the 9 National Quality Strategy (NQS) domains.
Important reminders on reporting CQM's
- There are no minimum values to achieve.
- Report the results generated by Kareo EHR.
- All documentation needs to be completed before a note is signed.
- An E&M code must be documented on the superbill before a note is signed.
CMS CQM Recommended Core Sets
|Adult Recommended Core Set||Pediatric Recommneded Core Set|
|Functional Status Assessment for Complex Chronic Conditions||Use of Appropriate Medications for Asthma|
|Closing the Referral Loop: Receipt of Specialist Report||Preventive Care and Screening: Screening for Clinical Depression & Follow-Up Plan|
|Documentation of Current Medication in the Medical Record||Appropriate Treatment for Children with Upper Respiratory Infection (URI)|
|Preventive Care and Screening: Screening for Clinical Depression & Follow-Up Plan||Children Who Have Dental Decay or Cavities|
|Preventive Care and Screening: Body Mass Index (BMI) Screening & Follow-Up||ADHD: Follow-Up Care for Children Prescribed Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Medication|
|Use of Imaging Studies for Low Back Pain||Chlamydia Screening for Women|
|Use of High-Risk Medications in the Elderly||Weight Assessment and Counseling for Nutrition and Physical Activity for Children & Adolescents|
|Controlling High Blood Pressure||Appropriate Testing for Children with Pharyngitis|
|Preventive Care and Screening: Tobacco Use: Screening & Cessation Intervention||Childhood Immunization Status|
To request a CQM Report
- Hover over the Menu in the top left hand corner and click Reports.
- Select CQM from the drop-down menu.
- Select a date range (your attestation goal).
- Select a provider from the User drop-down list.
- Click Configure Report.
- The report will be generated at 12:00 am each evening and will be available for review the next morning.