Medicare Promoting Interoperability (MIPS) Group Dashboard
- Last updated
Save as PDF
The Medicare Promoting Interoperability Dashboard is an easy way for clinicians to track their progress during a reporting period for the Promoting Interoperability (PI) category. The Promoting Interoperability category composes 25% of the MIPS composite score. Kareo's MIPS dashboard can be used for insight into whether sufficient points have been collected towards Promoting Interoperability.
For practices reporting as a group, generate a group Medicare Promoting Interoperability report to quickly review and print the combine total score for all selected clinicians. To check if the provider is reporting as an individual or group, go to qpp.cms.gov and enter the provider's individual NPI under Check Your Participation Status.
Before generating the report, verify the following information is populated in Kareo:
Generate Group MIPS Dashboard
- Hover over the Clinical icon and click on Medicare Promoting Interoperability (MIPS). The Medicare Promoting Interoperability (MIPS) page opens.
- Click the Select Providers drop-down and select two or more providers.
- By default, the reporting period is set for the current calendar year. If necessary, select a custom date.
- Click Run Group Report. The Medicare Promoting Interoperability (MIPS) dashboard updates.
Navigate Group MIPS Dashboard
- Print: Click to generate a PDF of the group report in a new tab. Download, Print, or Save a final copy of the report for attestation or audit.
- Total Score: The sum of the measure scores.
- Exclusions: Indicates how many exclusions are claimed by the selected providers. To modify claim exclusions, access the individual provider's Medicare Promoting Interoperability Dashboard and make the necessary changes.
- Measure by Objective: Click to view additional details.
- Performance: Progress achieved toward the measure.
- Group report measures are automatically calculated based on the provider's pre-selected measures and cannot be modified. To make modifications, access the individual provider's Medicare Promoting Interoperability Dashboard and make the necessary changes.
- If one of the providers has selected "Yes" for Security Risk Analysis, Bonus: Query of PMDP, Immunization Registry Reporting, or Syndromic Surveillance Reporting, the performance indicates the measure is met for the group. Otherwise, the performance indicates "No".
- If exclusions were claimed by any of the selected providers, the performance indicates the measure(s) is excluded for the group.
- Score: The aggregated points of the selected providers.
- Possible Score: Maximum possible points for the measure.