Medicare Promoting Interoperability (MIPS) Dashboard
- Last updated
Save as PDF
The Medicare Promoting Interoperability Dashboard is an easy way for clinicians to track their progress during a reporting period for the Promoting Interoperability (PI) category. The Promoting Interoperability category composes 25% of the MIPS composite score. Kareo's MIPS dashboard can be used for insight into whether sufficient points have been collected towards Promoting Interoperability.
Navigate the MIPS Dashboard
- Hover over the Clinical icon and click on Medicare Promoting Interoperability (MIPS). The Medicare Promoting Interoperability (MIPS) page opens.
- Navigate the dashboard:
- Provider: Select a provider to open their dashboard.
- Period: Reporting period set for the current calendar year. Select a custom date range as needed.
- Update: Click to refresh the data and show the Total Score.
- Print: Click to generate a PDF of the report in a new tab. Download, Print, or Save a final copy of the report for attestation/audit.
- Claim Exclusions: Select applicable exclusions for the provider.
- Measure by Objective: Click to view additional details.
- Performance: Progress achieved toward the measure.
- When the measure for Security Risk Analysis, Immunization Registry Reporting, or Syndromic Surveillance Reporting is met, select Yes from the drop-down. Then, click Update to refresh the score.
- Score: How many points has been earned for the measure.
- Possible Score: Maximum possible points for the measure.
Note: The Total Score will only calculate after the mandatory Security Risk Analysis measure has been met.
- Click Claim Exclusions. The Claim Exclusions pop-up window opens.
- Click on e-Prescribing, HIE, or Public Health to view additional details.
- Click to select the exclusion.
- Click to learn how claim an exclusion will impact your score.
- Click Done once all applicable exclusions are selected.
- Click Update to refresh the data.
Measure by Objective
- Click on a measure objective. The measure objective pop-up window opens.
- Additional Details:
- How is my score calculated: Click to view how the score is calculated for each measure.
- Denominator: Displays the total number of patients eligible for the measure.
- Numerator: Displays the number of patients who met the measure.
- Gap List: Displays the list of patients who did not meet the measure.
- Patient: Click to access their chart.
- Tell me how I can improve: Click to view the measure's guide.
- Click Done to close the window.
Note: Clicking on Security Risk Analysis, Immunization Registry Reporting, or Syndromic Surveillance Reporting measures will open Promoting Interoperability in a new tab.