Health Information Exchange Measure:
For at least one transition of care or referral, the MIPS eligible clinician that transitions or refers their patient to another setting of care or health care provider—(1) creates a summary of care record using certified electronic health record technology (CEHRT); and (2) electronically exchanges the summary of care record.
Denominator: Number of transitions of care and referrals during the performance period for which the MIPS eligible clinician was the transferring or referring health care clinician.
Numerator: The number of transitions of care and referrals in the denominator where a summary of care record was created using CEHRT and exchanged electronically.
- Provider must send a referral by Direct Message. See Send a Referral by Direct Message.
Electronic fax (eFax) it not an acceptable format that meets this measure.
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visit. See Create a Note.
- Check Transferring at the bottom of a Note to indicate a referral is being sent.
- Click on Care Coordination and select Send Referral.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes.
Exclusion: Any MIPS eligible clinician who transfers a patient to another setting or refers a patient fewer than 100 times during the performance period.
Attestation: Report Denominator and Numerator
Required for Base Score: Yes
Performance Score Weight: Up to 10%