There are two paths for reporting Advancing Care Information, depending on the CEHRT being used. Kareo is certified to the 2014 Edition and therefore all Kareo providers will report using the 2017 Advancing Care Information Transition Objectives and Measure.
2017 Advancing Care Information Transition Objectives and Measures
The objectives and measures are split into two groups – Base and Performance. The Base group contains 5 measures that must be reported or provider receives no credit for the Advancing Care category. All measures must have at least one patient in the numerator in order to be counted.
There are no thresholds but instead you earn points based on your performance percentage. The total achievable score for the Advancing Care category is 159 points. The score is capped at 100 points, at which point a provider achieves full 25% credit for the ACI category.
To meet the minimum requirement for Advancing Care Information you need to fulfill these required measures for a minimum of 90 days:
You may also choose to submit up to nine measures for a minimum of 90 days for additional credit.
- Health Information Exchange
- Immunization Registry Reporting
- Medication Reconciliation
- Patient-Specific Education
- Provide Patient Access
- Secure Messaging
- View, Download and Transmit
And for bonus credit, you can also:
- Report Public Health and Clinical Data Registry Reporting measures
- Use certified EHR technology to complete certain improvement activities in the improvement activities performance category