Percentage of patients 18-50 years of age with a diagnosis of low back pain who did not have an imaging study (plain x-ray, MRI, CT scan) within 28 days of the diagnosis
Inverse Measure: A lower calculated performance rate for this measure indicates better clinical care or control.
Denominator: Patients 18-50 years of age with a diagnosis of low back pain during an outpatient or emergency department visit
- Patient’s age is calculated based on the patient’s Date of Birth, which is entered when you created the patient’s account.
- The diagnosis of Low Back Pain is entered in the patient’s Problem List. See Add Problem to Patient’s Chart.
- Make sure to add a Start Date to the problem.
- If Cancer, IV Drug Abuse, Neurologic Impairment or Trauma is documented in the Problem List, each with a Start Date, these patients will be excluded from the denominator.
Numerator: Patients without an imaging study conducts on the date of the outpatient or emergency department visit or in the 28 days following the outpatient or emergency visit.
- If Low back imaging study is ordered, resulted and signed under Labs/Studies, these patients will not be included in the numerator.
Office Visit Documentation:
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visit. See Create a Note.
- Make sure to include an E&M code under “Procedure Codes” on the Superbill. See Create a Superbill.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes. Once the note is signed, the measure will be added to the Quality Report.