Percentage of patients aged 18 years and older seen during the reporting period who were screened for high blood pressure AND a recommended follow-up plan is documented based on the current blood pressure (BP) reading as indicated
Denominator: All patients aged 18 years and older.
- Patient’s age is calculated based on the patient’s Date of Birth, which is entered when you created the patient’s account.
- If Hypertension is documented in the Problem List, each with a Start Date, these patients will be excluded from the denominator.
Numerator: Patients who were screened for high blood pressure AND have a recommended follow-up plan documented, as indicated, if the blood pressure is pre-hypertensive or hypertensive.
- Blood Pressure are entered in Vitals.
- High Blood Pressure & Follow-up (Age 18+): Follow-up plan provided for BP >=140/90 mmHg is documented under Care Checklist on the date that it was discussed with the patient which should be the date of the note.
- ECG 12 Lead Study and/or Laboratory Tests for Hypertension is ordered under Labs/Studies.
- If there was a Medical, Patient or System Reason for not providing a topical preparation, please indicate on the Exclusion Section. See How to document an exclusion.
Office Visit Documentation:
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visit. See Create a Note.
- Make sure to include an E&M code under “Procedure Codes” on the Superbill. See Create a Superbill.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes. Once the note is signed, the measure will be added to the Quality Report.