Percentage of patients aged 18 years and older with a BMI documented during the current encounter or during the previous six months AND with a BMI outside of normal parameters, a follow-up plan is documented during the encounter or during the previous six months of the current encounter
Denominator: All patients aged 18 years and older.
- Patient’s age is calculated based on the patient’s Date of Birth, which is entered when you created the patient’s account.
- If Palliative Care or Pregnancy is documented in the Problem List, with a Start Date, these patients will be excluded from the denominator
Numerator: Patients with a documented BMI during the encounter or during the previous six months, AND when the BMI is outside of normal parameters, a follow-up plan is documented on the encounter date which should be the date of the Note or the previous six months of the current encounter.
- Height and Weight are entered in Vitals. BMI is calculated based on these two fields.
- Abnormal BMI Follow-up is documented on the Care Checklist.
- If there was a Medical, Patient or System Reason for not measuring vitals, please indicate on the Exclusion Section. See How to document an exclusion.
- If Patient Refused BMI Measurement is documented in Vitals, these patients will be excluded from the denominator
Office Visit Documentation:
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visits. See Create a Note.
- Make sure to include an E&M code under “Procedure Codes” on the Superbill. See Create a Superbill.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes. Once the note is signed, the measure will be added to the Quality Report.