Percentage of patients 65 years of age and older who have ever received a pneumococcal vaccine.
Denominator: Patients 65 years of age and older with a visit during the measurement period.
- Patient’s age is calculated based on the patient’s Date of Birth, which is entered when you created the patient’s account.
Numerator: Patients who have ever received a pneumococcal vaccination.
- The Pneumococcal vaccine is documented in Immunizations. See Immunizations.
- Vaccine may be entered as Administer New or Add Historical. See Add a New Vaccine or Add a Historical Vaccine.
- Make sure to enter an Order or Recorded Date for each immunization.
- If a vaccine was not administered, document the vaccine and the reason under the Not Administered
Office Visit Documentation:
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visit. See Create a Note.
- Make sure to include an E&M code under “Procedure Codes” on the Superbill. See Create a Superbill.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes. Once the note is signed, the measure will be added to the Quality Report.