Percentage of patients 18 years of age and older who were diagnosed with acute myocardial infarction (AMI), coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) or percutaneous coronary interventions (PCI) in the 12 months prior to the measurement period, or who had an active diagnosis of ischemic vascular disease (IVD) during the measurement period and who had documentation of use of aspirin or another antiplatelet during the measurement period.
Denominator: Patients aged 18 years of age and older with a visit during the measurement period, and an active diagnosis of ischemic vascular disease (IVD) or who were discharged alive for acute myocardial infarction (AMI) coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) or percutaneous coronary interventions (PCI) in the 12 months prior to the measurement period.
- Patient’s age is calculated based on the patient’s Date of Birth, which is entered when you created the patient’s account.
- The diagnosis of Ischemic Vascular Disease (IVD) or Acute Myocardial Infarction is entered in the patient’s Problem List. See Add Problem to Patient’s Chart.
- Make sure to add a Start Date to the problem.
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) or Percutaneous Coronary Interventions (PCI) is documented in the Procedures/Hospitalizations located under History.
- Make sure the Admission Date is within the 12 months prior to the measurement period.
- If an Anticoagulant Medication is documented in Medications, these patients will be excluded from the denominator.
Numerator: Patients who have documentation of use of aspirin or other antithrombotic therapy during the measurement period.
- Aspirin or Antiplatelet Therapy are added to Medications. See Add Medications or See Prescribe/ePrescribe a Medication.
Office Visit Documentation:
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visit. See Create a Note.
- Make sure to include an E&M code under “Procedure Codes” on the Superbill. See Create a Superbill.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes. Once the note is signed, the measure will be added to the Quality Report.