CMS 144 - Heart Failure (HF): Beta-Blocker Therapy for Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction (LVSD)
- Last updated
Save as PDF
CMS 144 / Quality ID# 008
Percentage of patients aged 18 years and older with a diagnosis of heart failure (HF) with a current or prior left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) <40% who were prescribed beta-blocker therapy either within a 12-month period when seen in the outpatient setting or at each hospital discharge.
||All patients aged 18 years and older with a diagnosis of heart failure with a current or prior LVEF <40% and had two qualifying encounters.
- Patient’s age is calculated based on the patient’s Date of Birth, which is entered when you created the patient’s account.
- The diagnosis of "Heart Failure or Moderately" or "Severely Depressed Left Ventricular Systolic Function" is entered in the patient’s Problem List.
- Make sure to add a Start Date to the problem.
- LVEF results are manually entered in Labs/Studies.
||Patients who were beta-blocker therapy either within a 12-month period when seen in the outpatient setting.
- Beta Blocker Therapy is either prescribed at the time of the visit or within the twelve months prior to the visit and included in Medications.
- If "Arrhythmia", "Hypotension", "Asthma", "Bradycardia", "Atrioventricular Block", and/or "Cardiac Pacer in Situ" are documented in the Problem List, each with a Start Date, these patients will be excluded from the numerator.
- If "Allergy to Beta Blocker Therapy" is documented in the Allergies, with a Start Date, these patients will be excluded from the numerator.
- If there was a Medical, Patient or System Reason for not prescribing "Beta Blocker Therapy," please indicate on the Exception Section.
|Office Visit Documentation:
Once all steps have been completed, the measure will be added to the Quality Measures Report.
|High Priority Measure: