Percentage of patients aged 18 years and older with a diagnosis of heart failure (HF) with a current or prior left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) <40% who were prescribed ACE inhibitor or ARB therapy either within a 12 month period when seen in the outpatient setting or at each hospital discharge
Denominator: All patients aged 18 years and older with a diagnosis of heart failure with a current or prior LVEF <40%.
- Patient’s age is calculated based on the patient’s Date of Birth, which is entered when you created the patient’s account.
- The diagnosis of Heart Failure or Moderately or Severely Depressed Left Ventricular Systolic Function is entered in the patient’s Problem List. See Add Problem to Patient’s Chart.
- Make sure to add a Start Date to the problem.
- LVEF results are indicated in Labs/Studies.
Numerator: Patients who were prescribed ACE inhibitor or ARB therapy within 12 month period when in the outpatient setting.
- Angiotensin Coverting Enzyme (ACE) inhibitor or Angiotension Receptor Blocker (ARB) therapy are either prescribed at the time of the visit or within the twelve months prior to the visit and included in Medications. See Prescribe/ePrescribe a Medication.
- If Pregnancy, Renal Failure, Allergy to ACE Inhibitor and/or Allergy to ARB ingredients are documented in the Problem List, each with a Start Date, these patients will be excluded from the numerator.
- If Allergy to ACE Inhibitor and/or Allergy to ARB ingredients are documented in the Allergies, each with a Start Date, these patients will be excluded from the numerator.
- If there was a Medical, Patient or System Reason for not prescribing ACE inhibitor or ARB therapy, please indicate on the Exclusion Section. See How to document an exclusion.
Office Visit Documentation:
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visit. See Create a Note.
- Make sure to include an E&M code under “Procedure Codes” on the Superbill. See Create a Superbill.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes. Once the note is signed, the measure will be added to the Quality Report.