Percentage of patients 18-75 years of age with diabetes (type 1 and type 2) who had a foot exam (visual inspection and sensory exam with mono filament and a pulse exam) during the measurement period.
Denominator: All patients aged 18-75 years of age with diabetes with a visit during the measurement period.
- Patient’s age is calculated based on the patient’s Date of Birth, which is entered when you created the patient’s account.
- The diagnosis of Diabetes is entered in the patient’s Problem List. See Add Problem to Patient’s Chart.
- Make sure to add a Start Date to the problem.
- If Bilateral amputation of leg below or above knee, Right Unilateral Amputation Above or Below, Left Unilateral Amputation Above or Below Knee is documented in the Problem List, with a Start Date, these patients will be excluded from the denominator.
Numerator: Patients who received visual, pulse and sensory foot examinations during the measurement period.
- Diabetic Foot Exam (Age 18-75): Visual, sensory and pulse foot exam performed is documented under Care Checklist on the date that it was performed which should be the date of the note.
Office Visit Documentation:
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visit. See Create a Note.
- Make sure to include an E&M code under “Procedure Codes” on the Superbill. See Create a Superbill.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes. Once the note is signed, the measure will be added to the Quality Report.