Percentage of patients 18-75 years of age with diabetes who had a retinal or dilated eye exam by an eye care professional during the measurement period or a negative retinal or dilated eye exam (no evidence of retinopathy) in the 12 months prior to the measurement period.
Denominator: All patients aged 18-75 years of age with diabetes with a visit during the measurement period.
- Patient’s age is calculated based on the patient’s Date of Birth, which is entered when you created the patient’s account.
- The diagnosis of Diabetes is entered in the patient’s Problem List. See Add Problem to Patient’s Chart.
- Make sure to add a Start Date to the problem.
Numerator: Patients with an eye screening for diabetic retinal disease. This includes diabetics who had one of the following: A retinal or dilated eye exam by an eye care professional in the measurement period or a negative retinal or dilated exam (no evidence of retinopathy) by an eye care professional in the year prior to the measurement period.
- Diabetic Eye Exam (Age 18-75): Eye exam performed is documented under Care Checklist on the date that it was discussed with the patient which should be the date of the note.
Office Visit Documentation:
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visit. See Create a Note.
- Make sure to include an E&M code under “Procedure Codes” on the Superbill. See Create a Superbill.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes. Once the note is signed, the measure will be added to the Quality Report.