Percentage of patients 18-85 years of age who had a diagnosis of hypertension and whose blood pressure was adequately controlled (<140/90 mmHg) during the measurement period.
Denominator: Patients 18 through 85 years of age on date of encounter and diagnosis for hypertension.
- Patient’s age is calculated based on the patient’s Date of Birth, which is entered when you created the patient’s account.
- The diagnosis of Hypertension is entered in the patient’s Problem List. See Add Problem to Patient’s Chart.
- Make sure to add a Start Date to the problem. The problem must have started in the first six months of the measurement period or any time prior to the measurement period.
- If Pregnancy, End Stage Renal Disease, or Chronic Kidney Disease, Stage 5 is documented in the Problem List, with a Start Date, these patients will be excluded from the numerator.
- If Vascular Access for Dialysis, ESRD Monthly Outpatient Services, Dialysis Services or Kidney Transplant is documented in Procedures/Hospitalizations, these patients will be excluded from the denominator.
Numerator: Patients whose blood pressure at the most recent visit is adequately controlled (systolic blood pressure <140 mmHG and diastolic blood pressure <90 mmHg) during the measurement period.
- Blood pressure (B/P) is documented under Vitals with a date that is the same as a note.
Denominator Exceptions: None
Numerator Exclusions: Not Applicable
Office Visit Documentation:
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visit. See Create a Note.
- Make sure to include an E&M code under “Procedure Codes” on the Superbill. See Create a Superbill.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes. Once the note is signed, the measure will be added to the Quality Report.
Quality ID #236
Measure type: Outcome
High Priority Measure: Yes