Percentage of patients 50 through 75 years of age who had appropriate screening for colorectal cancer.
Denominator: Patients 50-75 years of age with a visit during the measurement period.
- Patient’s age is calculated based on the patient’s Date of Birth, which is entered when you created the patient’s account.
- If Malignant Neoplasm of Colon is documented in the Problem List, with a Start Date, these patients will be excluded from the numerator.
- If Total Colectomy is documented in Procedures/Hospitalizations, these patients will be excluded from the denominator.
Numerator: Patients with one or more screening for colorectal cancer.
- Fecal Occult Blood Test (FOBT) is ordered in Labs/Studies.
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy is documented under Procedures/Hospitalizations with a date that is during the reporting period or within the four years prior to the reporting end date.
- Colonoscopy is documented under Procedures/Hospitalizations with a date that is during the reporting period or within the nine years prior to the reporting end date.
Office Visit Documentation:
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visit. See Create a Note.
- Make sure to include an E&M code under “Procedure Codes” on the Superbill. See Create a Superbill.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes. Once the note is signed, the measure will be added to the Quality Report.