Percentage of patients 50 through 75 years of age who had appropriate screening for colorectal cancer.
Denominator: Patients 50-75 years of age with a visit during the measurement period.
- Patient’s age is calculated based on the patient’s Date of Birth, which is entered when you created the patient’s account.
- If Malignant Neoplasm of Colon is documented in the Problem List, with a Start Date, these patients will be excluded from the numerator.
- If Total Colectomy is documented in Procedures/Hospitalizations, these patients will be excluded from the denominator.
Denominator Exceptions: None
Numerator: Patients with one or more screening for colorectal cancer.
- Fecal Occult Blood Test (FOBT) is ordered in Labs/Studies.
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy is documented under Procedures/Hospitalizations with a date that is during the reporting period or within the four years prior to the reporting end date.
- Colonoscopy is documented under Procedures/Hospitalizations with an Admission Date that is during the reporting period or within the nine years prior to the reporting end date. And Length of stay is NOT zero.
Numerator Exceptions: None
Office Visit Documentation:
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visit. See Create a Note.
- Make sure to include an E&M code under “Procedure Codes” on the Superbill. See Create a Superbill.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes. Once the note is signed, the measure will be added to the Quality Report.
Quality ID #113
Measure type: Process
High Priority Measure: No