Percentage of patients with referrals, regardless of age, for which the referring provider receives a report from the provider to whom the patient was referred.
Denominator: Number of patients, regardless of age, who were referred by one provider to another provider, and who had a visit during the measurement period.
- Place a checkbox in front of Transferring at the bottom of a Note.
- Select either Direct Message or eFax from the Send Referral by drop-down menu.
- Follow the directions for creating and sending the referral by either of these methods.
- Make sure to Save the referral at the end. A copy of the referral is saved in Clinical Tasks > Referrals.
Numerator: Number of patients with a referral, for which the referring provider received a report from the provider to whom the patient was referred.
- Open to Clinical Tasks. You will find a list of the referrals sent under the Referrals tab.
- When a Consultation Report is received from the provider to whom the patient was referred, place a checkbox in the Received column.
Office Visit Documentation:
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visit. See Create a Note.
- Make sure to include an E&M code or CPT under “Procedure Codes” on the Superbill. See Create a Superbill.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes. Once the note is signed, the measure will be added to the Quality Report.
Quality ID #374
Measure type: Process
High Priority Measure: Yes